I want to do a DIY BS degree in Computer Science. I have 12 years work experience in IT so I am confident I have most of the knowledge already. I just want the piece of paper to prove it.
– I’m not interested in the teaching
– I want to keep this as cheap as possible (under $5,000)
– I’m looking for a 100% exam assessed course
– I want to take the exams at my own pace (ideally complete within 9 months)
According to this website there are at least 3 colleges that offer this:
– Excelsior: BS in Computer Technologies
– Thomas Edison: BA in Computer Science
– Charter Oak: BS in Computer Science
– does anyone have any experience doing a DIY degree?
– does anyone have experience with the 3 colleges listed above?
– can anyone recommend other USA colleges/Universities that offer accredited BS computer science degrees that match the above criteria?
– any other advice/recommendations welcome